We offer domestic employees to Finland and abroad
- Au Pairs (always live in)
- Mother’s Helps (always live in)
- Nannies (live in or live out)
- Nanny-Housekeepers (live in or live out)
- Housekeepers (live in or live out)
- Governesses (qualified early education or primary school teachers; live in or live out)
- Elderly Companions (always live in)
Why choose a domestic employee through Nordic Nannies?
We will tailor the position to suit your needs! You tell us what hours and duties you need as well as what type of person would fit in well with your family, and we will find your ideal employee for you. You will save time in the recruitment process and will receive advice from a professional!
Our service includes
- advice for your family thoughout the recruitment process, i.e. job specifics, salary and employer responsibilities
- thorough personal interviews of candidates
- checking the background and employment history of candidates
- draft of employment contract
- written instructions for both your family and the employee
- support for both your family and the employee throughout the employment
If you need a Finnish speaker to help maintain and develop your children’s language abilities whilst living abroad, we have lots of Finnish speaking candidates. Our candidates typically speak good or excellent English, too!
We charge a non-refundable registration fee of 200 euros. This fee is due before we start the recruitment process, and covers the consultation with you about your requirements as well as the initial recruitment tasks.
If and when you choose one of our candidates, we will also charge a placement fee. The placement fee depends on the type of the employee. Our current rates for a placement fee are:
- Au Pair 390 euros
- Mother’s Help 490 euros
- Nanny or Housekeeper 750 euros
- Governess 1 300 euros
- Elderly Companion 490 euros
Our service includes the whole recruitment process, including interviewing the candidates personally, doing relevant background checks and drafting the employment contract, as well as support for both the employers and the nanny throughout the entire duration of the employment.
Refund policy. In the event that you have chosen a candidate that doesn’t start the job, we will refund the full placement fee. However, this is extremely rare and has not happened once in our 11 years in this business. If the candidate starts the job but gives notice of their intention to leave or if you give notice to terminate the contract within the first 30 days, then we will endeavour to find you a replacement candidate free of charge. If a suitable replacement candidate can’t be found for you, we will then refund 50 % of the placement fee.
How to register
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via this form to request a host family registration form to be sent to you by email.